Spirit of Monmouth Club championship 2019:
Congratulations to marina wright and matt unsworth who won the 2019 club championships… with the glcl championship winners lucymacdonald and brian evans.
full 2019 results here:- Club-champs-and-GLCL-final-results-2019
Club championship and glcl championship.
We have two championships on the go. One is based on a programme of events that make up the club championship to find our Male and Female “Runners of the Year”. Click on the links for full details of the races, and how to enter.
In addition, we have awards based on GLCL performances (dealt with totally separately)
Club championship Runners of the year – How it works
Run in as many events as you can – ensuring that you register under Spirit of Monmouth when entering the race. For most events, for each gender, the best result earns you 6 points with 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 for the next best results (indeed all other finishers will also earn 1 point). Exceptions to this scoring system are marked on the Events’ List below. There are 15 events in total but it is the results from your BEST TEN that are added together to generate your final score. Good luck!
- Christmas Tree Race – December 16th 2018
- Riverbank Rollick – January 13th 2019
- Pontypool 10K – February 24th
- Club 5k Time Trials – TWO to choose from: March 16th and/or November 30th. Run one or both. Your better time counts. *
- Forest Mile – Spring (7th May) Chance to get on the track. Do one or both – your better time counts
- Hereford Half Marathon – May 12th
- Rose Inn Series – FOUR flat 4 mile road races to choose from. Your best time counts – Dates: 14th May, 11th June, 9th July, 13th August.
- Malvern 10K -7.30pm June 12th (enter via runbritain here)
- Magor 10K July 27th
- Summer Holiday Park Run Series Run any officially organised 5K Park Run, any time between 27th July and 31st August inclusive Your best AGE GRADE PERCENTAGE counts
- Severn Bridge Half Marathon – 25th August
- Ross 10K – 1st September
- Upton Bishop Big Dipper – 15th September
- Howling Bull – 24th November
- 5K time trial – 30th Nov (see the 4th bullet point on this list for details)
- Any officially measured marathon, anywhere, any time before the final race in the above series. Six points for any completed marathon (only one marathon counts)
*Note that there are bonus points available for the club 5K time trials – criteria for allocation to be announced.